Update as of 9 September 2020
The presentation round for the SRMEG Best Presentation Award 2020 was held on 13 August 2020 via online platform Zoom. The presenters shared their insights and findings on their respective presentations. After careful deliberation, the judges selected the winner, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up for the award.
- Winner: Yinlin Ji, NTU presented on “Mitigating risks of injection-induced seismicity in deep geothermal systems using cyclic fluid injection: Insights from the laboratory”
- 1st Runner-up: Yang Shuyi and Goh Hui Jun, DSTA, SCAE presented on “Digitalised Rock Engineering for Rock Cavern Construction”
- 2nd Runner-up: Xiaohua Pan, NTU presented on “3D geological modelling and management system of Singapore”
Thank you and we look forward to your active participation in next year's Best Presentation Award.
In 2018, SRMEG (Singapore) has established the SRMEG Best Presentation Award, to replace the former Best Paper Award and to promote research and communication in the area of rock mechanics, rock engineering and engineering geology. The winner will be awarded S$1,000 cash prize. The first runner-up will be awarded S$500 cash prize. The second runner-up will be awarded S$300 cash prize. The three winners will also be given a best presentation certificate by SRMEG (Singapore).
The Award is open to all persons currently working in Singapore (i.e. non members can also apply).
To participate, please submit your abstract (not more than 2 pages including figures and tables) using the submission form (download here) by Wednesday, 15th January 2020 to the Secretariat via email at . The top 3 abstracts will be invited to present to the judges in February / March 2020.
Judges will review the abstracts / presentation using the following criteria:
- Relevance to the industry
- Quality of Work
- Presentation (applies for the presentation round)