Prof ZHAO Jian
Dr Gen-hua SHI
- Professional development of members through meetings, seminars and other forms of communication.
- To achieve closer personal acquaintance and spirit of co-operation among members.
- To interact with other professional organisations in matters of common interest.
- To promote the application of research and technologies to practices related to rock mechanics, rock engineering, and engineering geology, and to advance the standards of rock engineering and engineering geology practice.
- The SRMEG is affiliated to and acts as the National Group for the International Society for Rock Mechanics (ISRM) and the International Association of Engineering Geology and the Environment (IAEG). Member of the society are automatically members of the ISRM and IAEG
- Members of the SREMG have also been actively involved in a major effort to update the Singapore Geology (first published in 1976) led by the Defence Science & Technology Agency in collaboration with the Nanyang Technological University and the Building Control Authority of Singapore.