Date: Friday, 22 April 2022
Time: 9am to 5pm
Venue: Online via Zoom
Registration Fees: $100.00 (SRMEG/GeoSS/TUCSS Members)
To register, please click here.
1. Planning, methods and phases of site investigation
2. Geophysical exploration methods
3. Drilling, borehole and core logging
4. Field and laboratory rock testing
5. Geotechnical investigation and interpretative reports
6. Digital data and digital presentations
7. Site investigation cases and engineering applications
About the Speaker
Prof. Zhao Jian, currently at Monash University Australia, is a university professor and engineering specialist covering research, teaching and consulting on rock mechanics, geotechnical engineering, tunnelling and mining. He is an Honorary Member of the Society for Rock Mechanics & Engineering Geology (SRMEG) and of the Tunnelling and Underground Construction Society (Singapore), and was a Tan Swan Beng Endowed Visiting Professor at NTU Singapore.
As a distinguished researcher and dedicated educator, as well as a senior consulting engineer, his expertise are on geological investigation, rock excavation and support, TBM tunnelling, rock dynamics and earthquake, rock cutting and fragmentation, groundwater and enhanced geothermal energy, and underground space planning.