Update as of 30 July 2020
We received overwhelming response for the SRMEG Best Presentation Award 2020. After careful deliberation, the judges have selected 3 submissions to proceed to the presentation round on Thursday, 13 August 2020 at 6.30pm to 7.30pm via online platform Zoom.
The submissions are (in no particular order or ranking):
- “Mitigating risks of injection-induced seismicity in deep geothermal systems using cyclic fluid injection: Insights from the laboratory” by Yinlin Ji, NTU
- “Digitalised Rock Engineering for Rock Cavern Construction” by Yang Shuyi, Goh Hui Jun, DSTA, SCAE
- “3D geological modelling and management system of Singapore” by Xiaohua Pan, NTU
In 2018, SRMEG (Singapore) has established the SRMEG Best Presentation Award, to replace the former Best Paper Award and to promote research and communication in the area of rock mechanics, rock engineering and engineering geology. The winner will be awarded S$1,000 cash prize. The first runner-up will be awarded S$500 cash prize. The second runner-up will be awarded S$300 cash prize. The three winners will also be given a best presentation certificate by SRMEG (Singapore).
The Award is open to all persons currently working in Singapore (i.e. non members can also apply).
To participate, please submit your abstract (not more than 2 pages including figures and tables) using the submission form (download here) by Wednesday, 15th January 2020 to the Secretariat via email at . The top 3 abstracts will be invited to present to the judges in February / March 2020.
Judges will review the abstracts / presentation using the following criteria:
- Relevance to the industry
- Quality of Work
- Presentation (applies for the presentation round)